Genealogy Gems: News from the Fort Wayne Library, No. 106, December 31, 2012
From: Genealogy Gems (genealogygemsgenealogycenter.info)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:30:10 -0800 (PST)
Genealogy Gems: News from the Fort Wayne Library
No. 106, December 31, 2012

In this issue:
*Makin’ a List and Checkin’ It Twice . . .
*American Vital Records from the “Gentleman’s Magazine,” 1731-1868
*HathiTrust Digital Library
*Technology Tip of the Month--Using the Hue/Saturation Tool in Adobe Photoshop
*Quick-Tip of the Month for Preservation--Online Family Trees: Pros & Cons
*Start the Year off with WinterTech 2012-2013
*One-on-One Consultations Are Back!
*Let’s Get Ready to … (March Madness sneak peek)
*Lincoln Panel Discussion on January 13th
*Out and About
*Area Calendar of Events
*Driving Directions to the Library
*Parking at the Library
*Queries for The Genealogy Center

***************************************
Makin’ a List and Checkin’ It Twice . . .
by Curt B. Witcher
***************************************
No, I have not forgotten that the holiday season is virtually over for
most this year. And yes, I appreciate that with all of the details and
careful planning that have gone into making the end-of-the-year
holidays a special time, many are not even close to being in the mood
to do even more planning and thinking ahead. I do believe, though,
that now is exactly the right time to think seriously and plan
actively to make 2013 a great year for your family history endeavors.
You can call the activities you plan New Year’s resolutions, a list of
healthy habits, a schedule for your genealogical success, your
calendar of family history activities for ’13--whatever strikes the
right cord with you!

Of course, I have some suggestions for that list you make--the list
that won’t get buried on your desk or become an abandoned file on your
iPad or Droid! There are all kinds of theories on how to make the
“best” list. Some advocate keeping it short so you are sure to
accomplish what you have identified. Some advocate for making a rather
substantial list so you can see progress and have things to check-off.
I advocate borrowing from the Nike advertising slogan--Just Do It.

First, I suggest that you top your list with regular family history
“fun.” Some suggestions are: Routinely explore for more family history
data, document information you already have in your files, share data
with others, learn something new, and secure your data with
appropriate back-ups. Routinely to me means perhaps or perhaps not
once a day, but certainly no less than once a week. If it’s not
happening at least once a week, it’s not regular or routine--and
you’re not having all the fun you need to have! It doesn’t have to be
long, and it doesn’t have to be involved. It just has to happen.

Second, this holiday season you may have witnessed how wonderful and
meaningful family history and family heritage gifts can be. To have a
great family history gift available to share with your family and the
special people in your life at holiday time next year, you really need
to start working on it now. Such wonderful family history gifts can
include a generational scrapbook, a genealogy of a particular branch
or part of the family as a book or pamphlet, loading a digital photo
frame with unique images of generations gone by, and for some,
planning a trip to an ancestral hometown across the “big pond.” Giving
the gift of history, especially family history, can be among the most
awesome of holiday gifts. And to do it well, you really need to get
started before the onset of the Black Friday sales hype.

Third, make a commitment this year to “pay it forward.” We can respect
and honor all of those who have helped us in both big and modest ways
with our family history endeavors by doing something that will benefit
others as much or more than it will benefit us. As an example, for the
last several years, a dear friend has routinely abstracted obituaries
from the “Evangelical Messenger” religious newspaper covering the time
period 1848-1930. Over time, she has created nearly 150,000 abstracts
that are linked for free use at GenealogyCenter.org. Each month there
are between three and four thousand searches on that data file. It’s
amazing to think about the lives that have been touched by my friend’s
selfless work. Just think what a tremendous resource we would have if
we collectively indexed, abstracted or transcribed historical records
on a regular basis. You could post the data on your webpage or your
blog, or you could share it with The Genealogy Center to post on our
website for free use by all interested parties. An additional option
would be to join one of the many access projects (like indexing
Indiana marriage records!) available at FamilySearch Indexing.

Fourth, at the very least, attend an educational program in the
genealogy space once a quarter this year. There are so many offerings,
especially here in northeast Indiana. The offerings of the Allen
County Genealogical Society, the monthly (and more!) program offerings
of The Genealogy Center here in Fort Wayne, and the nearly countless
free and low cost webinars leave one without an excuse for enhancing
one’s genealogical education. This coming summer, August 21st through
August 24th, the Federation of Genealogical Societies will be holding
their annual conference here in Fort Wayne. Four completely packed
days of learning and networking will represent some of the best
genealogical education one can get anywhere in 2013. And for those of
us in the Midwest, it’s right in our backyard! Now is a great time to
start saving your dollars for this great event. And if you live a bit
of a distance from Fort Wayne, now would be an excellent time to work
with your local genealogical society to plan a bus trip to Fort Wayne
for the conference. It’s a comfortable, cheap and easy way to get to
Fort Wayne and not have to worry about those pesky details of driving
and parking. In addition, you get to spend extra time with people who
are as excited about family history as you are.

Fifth, take some time this year to engage a young person in exploring
his/her family history. You define what’s young, and you craft the
meaningful activity. Younger elementary children really enjoy going to
cemeteries with parents and grandparents. They particularly appreciate
seeing old photographs, uniforms and technology from yesteryear. Older
middle school and high school students enjoy using the latest
technologies, so why not show them some of the historical and
genealogical information available on the web, and invite them to show
you how you can better deploy today’s technologies in pursuit of your
family history passions.

Finally, make this the year you become actively engaged in preserving
and maintaining access to the records that document our history. We
will only gain the upper hand in this constant struggle if each one of
us commits to being engaged at the local level. Our historical records
are increasingly at risk as government entities at all levels deal
with diminishing resources and lack the experience to recognize, much
less partner with, meaningful constituencies.

Best wishes for much family history fun and genealogical success in
the New Year. My colleagues and I look forward to seeing you in The
Genealogy Center, and at some of our many programs planned for 2013.

***************************************
American Vital Records from the “Gentleman’s Magazine,” 1731-1868
by Cynthia Theusch
***************************************
As our family history research brings us into the 1700s and early
1800s, it might be difficult to locate birth, marriage and death
records. One unique early resource for finding the type of information
(dates and places) generally provided by vital records in later time
periods is “American Vital Records from the ‘Gentleman’s Magazine,’
1731-1868” (929.11 Am354), compiled by David Dobson. Dobson reviewed
each issue of the magazine, abstracted birth, marriage and death
notices, and compiled an index.

The first issue of the “Gentleman’s Magazine” was published by Edward
Cave, Jr., in January 1731. A printer in London, England, Cave
published the “Gentleman’s Magazine” under his pen name Sylvanus
Urban. He is credited with having been the first to use the term
“magazine” – a French word meaning “storehouse” – in conjunction with
a periodical. Cave advertised that his magazine would include articles
on public affairs (foreign and domestic), notices of the births,
marriages and deaths of people of high standing, bankruptcies and
lists of civil and military establishments. “The Gentleman’s Magazine”
was published from 1731 to 1922 in various series and with several
different subtitles. The publication included events and news from all
over the English speaking world. Dobson abstracted only those with a
North American connection. Some examples are:

“BLOMFIELD Francis, b. 1827, 3rd s. C J Blomfield, Bishop of London,
d. wreck of Northerner, Cape Menocino, Cal., 5 Jan. 1860. (NS28:415)”
[NS is New Series.]

“CATON Louisa Catherine, 3rd dau. R Caton, Md., m. Col. Felton
Bathurst Hervey, 24 April 1817. (87:466)”

“HOARE Cap., sloop Dotteral, m. Matilda, dau. Rear Adm. Fahie,
Bermuda, 15 March 1823. (93:562)”

“ORMBY Charlotte Anne Seymour, yngs. dau. late Lt. Gen. Ormby, m.
William Carlisle Strather, only s. E. Strather, Nevis, Kotergherry,
Neilgherry Hills, 2 May 1837. (NS8:528)”

Some issues of the “Gentleman’s Magazine” have been digitized and
links to them can be found at The Online Books Page,
http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/serial?id=gentlemans.

The Genealogy Center has three other books with vital records data
abstracted from the “Gentleman’s Magazine.” These are: “An Index to
the Marriages in the ‘Gentleman’s Magazine,’ 1731-1768” (942.0004
F94I) by Edward Alexander Fry; “The ‘Gentleman’s Magazine’
Biographical and Obituary Notices, 1781-1819: An Index” (929.12 N15G)
by Benjamin Christie Nangle; and “Obituaries and Marriages of
Dissenting Ministers in the ‘Gentleman’s Magazine’ in the 18th
Century” (942 R92O) by Alan Ruston Watford.

In addition to church records, these books are another resource for
locating birth, marriage and death information for ancestors in the
period prior to the civil recording of these events.

***************************************
HathiTrust Digital Library
by Dawne Slater-Putt, CG(sm)*
***************************************
Google Books and Internet Archive often are the go-to sources for
full-text digitized books online. Another, perhaps lesser-known site
is the HathiTrust Digital Library at http://www.hathitrust.org,
self-described as a “partnership of major research institutions and
libraries working to ensure that the cultural record is preserved and
accessible long into the future.”

More than ten and a half million total volumes have been digitized by
HathiTrust, including more than five and a half million book titles
and more than 275,000 serial titles. More than three million of these
items (about thirty-one percent) are copyright-free may be viewed in
full text. The text of the remainder of the volumes can be searched by
keyword to determine the frequency of the word in a particular item
and the page numbers on which it appears.

Materials on the HathiTrust website pertain to all subjects, but many
of them are of interest to genealogists. Examples are: The
Thirty-Sixth Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry by James M. Aubrey,
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=nyp.33433081800694#page/3/mode/1up
and Album of Genealogy and Biography, Cook County, Illinois, published
by the LaSalle Book Company of Chicago in 1900,
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uiuo.ark:/13960/t9z03296v#page/n6/mode/1up,
both of which may be viewed in full-text, and the Grand Rapids City
Directories collection, including forty-eight items, twenty-three of
which may be viewed in full-text,
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/mb?a=listis;c=1648165062.

It is possible to do a catalog search by author, title, subject,
International Standard Book Number (ISBN) or International Standard
Serial Number (ISSN), publisher, series title or year of publication,
or you can search by keyword(s) in the full text of the resources in
the HathiTrust Digital Library. Another way to find items of interest
is to browse Collections. Collections are literally collections of
HathiTrust titles that have been grouped by users according to
whatever criteria the users choose, whether the items have a subject
in common or are simply titles of interest to that particular user. A
brief scan of the website brought to light the following examples of
Collections that could be of interest to genealogists:

•Ancestry and Genealogy (2760 items),
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/mb?a=listis;c=332123463
•Civilian Conservation Corps (13
items)http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/mb?a=listis;c=2039844782
•Civil War Nurses Personal Narrative (20 items),
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/mb?a=listis;c=1220507110
•Genealogy of the Cook-Seerings (71 items),
http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/mb?a=listis;c=457445765.

If you have not yet heard about the HathiTrust Digital Library or
stumbled upon it during your online research forays, it is well-worth
a look.

*“CG” & “Certified Genealogist” are service marks of the Board for
Certification of Genealogists, and are used by authorized associates
following periodic, peer-reviewed competency evaluations.

***************************************
Technology Tip of the Month--Using the Hue/Saturation Tool in Adobe Photoshop
by Kay Spears
***************************************
In last month’s article, we learned how to correct color cast problems
in photographs using the Variations tool. But sometimes using just one
tool isn’t enough to fully fix color problems. For example, while the
Variations tool corrected much of the color cast problem in my photo,
a jacket still appeared magenta instead of red. To further adjust
color, we can turn to a more subtle tool, the Hue/Saturation Tool.

As always, there is more than one way to access this tool. You can
find it through the menus: Image>Adjustment>Hue/Saturation, or you can
click CTRL+U. You may also correct the problem in your Layers Palette
by clicking on the “create new fill or adjustment layer” button (the
black and white button).  In any case, when the Hue/Saturation tool is
accessed, a dialogue box will open. Make sure that your preview button
is checked. What you should see in this dialogue box is a drop-down
menu that defaults to “Master” and three slide bars titled Hue,
Saturation and Lightness. Also in the dialog box is the option to
“Colorize.” This is one of the places in the Adobe Photoshop program
where you may add color to black and white photographs.

If we wanted to correct the general color of a photo, we could use the
slide bars, leaving the drop-down menu in its default position of
“Master,” but for the example in this article, we are interested in
adjusting only the red tones. The drop-down menu has Reds, Yellows,
Greens, Cyans, Blues, Magentas. After choosing Reds, I can move my Hue
slide bar slightly to the right to increase the red tone, then adjust
the Saturation slightly and do the same with the Lightness.  This will
affect all of the reds in the photograph. Remember that this is a
subtle tool, and should require minimal movement. You may also isolate
the object in the photo that you want to adjust by carefully drawing
around it with your Lasso or Magnetic Lasso Tool, and then doing the
color adjustments.  Isolating the object and then adjusting only its
color (and not the rest of the photo) might make your tweak more
obvious, so how you use this tool is personal preference. As long as
your preview button is checked, you will be able to monitor your
changes.

In Adobe Elements, the Hue/Saturation tool is located under
Enhance>Adjust Colors>Adjust Hue/Saturation. Otherwise, the steps for
using the tool are the same as outlined above.

Next article: Color Correction Using Levels

***************************************
Quick-Tip of the Month for Preservation--Online Family Trees – Pros & Cons
by Dawne Slater-Putt, CG(sm)*
***************************************
Many genealogists today are choosing to preserve and share information
by creating online family trees. Some of these are on personal family
history websites, but many are on commercial or free genealogy
megasites like WeRelate.org, FamilySearch.org and Ancestry.com. The
benefits of sharing this information in the virtual world are many.
The precious photographs that we have been lucky enough to inherit can
be shared with family members across the globe, instead of stored in
one family’s album on the coffee table or shoebox under the bed. If we
are really lucky, we will connect with someone who has inherited
photographs that we have not seen or a family bible we didn’t know
existed.

In addition to photographs, some of the sites allow the user to link
records to the individuals in his or her tree. Users can scan and
upload images to the People pages in WeRelate.org, a free site. Those
who subscribe to Ancestry.com can view Ancestry’s “shaking leaf” hints
to see which suggested records might apply to a given individual and
then choose to link – or not link – those records accordingly.

Online trees do have a big downfall, however – many of them are rife
with errors! Most of these probably can be attributed to inattention
or inexperience. One tree owner clicks to add those suggested “shaking
leaf” records to his or her tree without studying them thoroughly to
be sure they really fit. Another merges the identities of two
individuals into one because they had the same given name and lived in
the same location.

Another disadvantage of online family trees is that relatively few of
them have substantial, useful source citations for the information
that is included. WeRelate.org allows the tree-builder several options
for writing notes about individuals and captioning or sourcing the
images that are linked, and Ancestry.com has a template that
researchers can use to create source citations for the information
they enter. In addition, when a researcher links a record within
Ancestry is linked to his or her tree, a source citation is
automatically created.

But many people manually add information to their online trees without
bothering to cite the sources of their data in any way, ignoring the
templates that the various programs have set up for that purpose. Then
when researchers link individuals in their trees to other online
trees, such as in Ancestry.com, the source for the added information
becomes simply the other tree. So in the latter situation, an online
tree might show that it has multiple sources cited, but when examined,
those citations are useless because they are just to other unsourced
trees. This is very disappointing.

The lesson is, of course – when you spend the time and take the effort
to preserve and share your research through online trees, do it right!

•Take care to add detailed sources for the information you add manually.

•Examine suggested records to be sure that they actually fit into your
tree, and be selective when choosing which information from the new
records to import. When records are imported in their entirety, the
program may create a duplicate person for someone already in the tree
if the name is slightly different.

•Move slowly and add people gradually. You will build a much more
useful family legacy if you give rich details, be sure that your
information is correct, cite sources, and add photographs and other
images, especially those that are unique like family bibles and
handwriting examples.

•Tread carefully when considering merging your tree with another
online tree. When you import that data, your tree is no longer solely
your own trusted research, but a conglomeration of your research and
that of someone else you may not know well or at all. Can the other
person’s data be trusted? Maybe, but maybe not. Instead, use other
trees for clues and verify the information yourself before adding it.
This takes time, but it boosts accuracy and no one wants to waste time
researching an ancestor who turns out not to be yours!

When we take care to add our information carefully and cite our
sources fully, together we can build a collaborative online forest of
trees that is truly useful and trustworthy and preserves our family
information for our descendants to enjoy.

*“CG” & “Certified Genealogist” are service marks of the Board for
Certification of Genealogists, and are used by authorized associates
following periodic, peer-reviewed competency evaluations.

***************************************
Start the Year off with WinterTech 2012-2013
***************************************
End-of-the-year activities often seem overwhelming with holidays,
family gatherings and finances to organize. Add to that
shorter-seeming days and cold temperatures! As a change of pace, give
your genealogical year a glowing start with January's WinterTech
class. WinterTech classes are the second Wednesday of each month,
November through February, beginning at 2:30 p.m., and cover a
genealogy-technology topic.

Following these afternoon presentations, spend some time researching
at The Genealogy Center, network over a dinner or a snack with fellow
genealogists, and then attend the Allen County Genealogical Society's
monthly meeting at 7 p.m.

January's WinterTech class is "e-Readers & Family History," on
Wednesday, 9 January 2013, beginning at 2:30 in Meeting Room A on the
library’s first floor. Do you have an e-reader or other device for
reading electronic books? Have you tried using it in your genealogical
pursuits? This class will provide a brief introduction to using your
device in your family history studies, and how to locate e-books
online.

The last WinterTech class of this series is Wednesday, 13 February
2013, when we learn how to "Plug-In Your Armchair Genealogy:
Researching from Home." For more information about these classes, see
the brochure at
http://www.genealogycenter.org/Libraries/2012_Brochures/winterTech2012.sflb.ashx.
To register for a class, call 260-421-1225 or email
Genealogy [at] ACPL.Info. Stay involved through the winter months with
technology for your genealogy!

***************************************
One-on-One Consultations Are Back!
***************************************
Do you have a brick wall in your research? Would you like a greater
understanding of some aspect of your research? The Genealogy Center is
offering 30-minute personal consultations with a staff member on some
troublesome aspect of your research. Times for consultations will be
from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the second Thursday of January (1/10),
February (2/14) and March (3/14) in 2013. Call 260-421-1225 or email
Genealogy [at] ACPL.Info for an appointment. Please provide basic
information about the nature of your quandary. A staff member will be
assigned and a time established for your consultation. Be sure to
bring your research notes to your consultation. Space is limited, and
pre-registration is required. Register today!

***************************************
Let's Get Ready to....
***************************************
Every year, while the rest of the country is watching college
basketball teams tip-off, The Genealogy Center offers presentations
providing tips on some aspect of family history. This year, "March
Madness, Genealogy Style: Telling Your Story" will be Monday through
Saturday, 4-9 March 2013. Sessions will highlight gathering and
documenting oral history, using heirlooms in your family's saga, and
preserving family stories and memorabilia for future generations.
Watch for more information on our Events page
http://www.genealogycenter.org/Events.aspx.

***************************************
Lincoln Panel Discussion on January 13th
***************************************
To commemorate the 150th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's signing of
the Emancipation Proclamation, the Allen County Public Library will
present a program, "Lincoln's Gamble: The Emancipation Proclamation."
This panel discussion of the context and effects of the Proclamation
will be on Sunday, 13 January 2013, in the Main Library's Meeting Room
A (900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, IN), from 2 to 3 p.m. Panelists will
offer varying perspectives--political, historical and cultural--on the
Proclamation and will address questions from the audience. "Lincoln's
Gamble" is sponsored by the Friends of the Allen County Public
Library.

***************************************
Out and About
***************************************
John Beatty
12 January 2013, Christ Church Cranbrook, 470 Church Road, Bloomfield
Hills, MI--Detroit Society for Genealogical Research, 2 p.m.: “An
Introduction to the Genealogy Center: A Tradition of Excellence."

Melissa Shimkus
19 January 2013, African American Cultural Society, Palm Coast, FL,
4422 U.S. Highway 1--Volusia-Flagler Council of Genealogical Societies
Genealogy Seminar, "'The Family Detective' Uncovering the Secrets of
Your Family Tree." Topics: "Discovering Your Female Ancestors,"
"Overlooked Records for Hurdling the Census Chasm" and "Knocking Down
the Brick Wall."

***************************************
Area Calendar of Events
***************************************
Allen County Genealogical Society of Indiana (ACGSI)
9 January 2013--Allen County Public Library, 900 Library Plaza, Fort
Wayne, Indiana. 6:30 p.m.
refreshments followed at 7 p.m. by ACGSI members’ presentation: “A
Review of Genealogy Software.”

Allen County-Fort Wayne Historical Society
6 January 2013—History Center, 302 E. Berry Street, Fort Wayne,
Indiana. 2 p.m. George R. Mather Sunday Lecture Series featuring Colin
Macqueen on “Trelleborg and Turcon.”

***************************************
Driving Directions to the Library
***************************************
Wondering how to get to the library?  Our location is 900 Library
Plaza, Fort Wayne, Indiana, in the block bordered on the south by
Washington Boulevard, the west by Ewing Street, the north by Wayne
Street, and the east by the Library Plaza, formerly Webster Street.
We would enjoy having you visit the Genealogy Center.

To get directions from your exact location to 900 Library Plaza, Fort
Wayne, Indiana, visit this link at MapQuest:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=900%20Webster%20St&city=Fort%20Wayne&state=IN&zipcode=46802%2d3602&country=US&geodiff=1

>From the South
Exit Interstate 69 at exit 102.  Drive east on Jefferson Boulevard
into downtown. Turn left on Ewing Street. The Library is one block
north, at Ewing Street and Washington Boulevard.

Using US 27:
US 27 turns into Lafayette Street. Drive north into downtown. Turn
left at Washington Boulevard and go five blocks. The Library will be
on the right.

>From the North
Exit Interstate 69 at exit 112.  Drive south on Coldwater Road, which
merges into Clinton Street.  Continue south on Clinton to Washington
Boulevard. Turn right on Washington and go three blocks. The Library
will be on the right.

>From the West
Using US 30:
Drive into town on US 30.  US 30 turns into Goshen Ave. which
dead-ends at West State Blvd.  Make an angled left turn onto West
State Blvd.  Turn right on Wells Street.  Go south on Wells to Wayne
Street.  Turn left on Wayne Street.  The Library will be in the second
block on the right.

Using US 24:
After crossing under Interstate 69, follow the same directions as from
the South.

>From the East
Follow US 30/then 930 into and through New Haven, under an overpass
into downtown Fort Wayne.  You will be on Washington Blvd. when you
get into downtown.  Library Plaza will be on the right.

Public lots are located at the corner of Ewing and Wayne Streets ($1
each for the first two half-hours, $1 per hour after, with a $4 per
day maximum) and the corner of Jefferson Boulevard and Harrison Street
($3 per day).

Street (metered) parking on Ewing and Wayne Streets. On the street you
plug the meters 8am – 5pm, weekdays only.  It is free to park on the
street after 5pm and on the weekends.

Visitor center/Grand Wayne Center garage at Washington and Clinton
Streets. This is the Hilton Hotel parking lot that also serves as a
day parking garage.  For hourly parking, 7am – 11 pm, charges are .50
for the first 45 minutes, then $1.00 per hour.  There is a flat $2.00
fee between 5pm and 11pm.

***************************************
Genealogy Center Queries
***************************************
The Genealogy Center hopes you find this newsletter interesting.
Thank you for subscribing.  We cannot, however, answer personal
research emails written to the e-zine address.  The department houses
a Research Center that makes photocopies and conducts research for a
fee.

If you have a general question about our collection, or are interested
in the Research Center, please telephone the library and speak to a
librarian who will be glad to answer your general questions or send
you a research center form.  Our telephone number is 260-421-1225.  If
you’d like to email a general information question about the
department, please email: Genealogy [at] ACPL.Info.

***************************************
Publishing Note:
***************************************
This electronic newsletter is published by the Allen County Public
Library's Genealogy Center, and is intended to enlighten readers about
genealogical research methods as well as inform them about the vast
resources of the Allen County Public Library.  We welcome the wide
distribution of this newsletter and encourage readers to forward it to
their friends and societies.  All precautions have been made to avoid
errors.  However, the publisher does not assume any liability to any
party for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, no matter
the cause.

To subscribe to “Genealogy Gems,” simply use your browser to go to the
website:  www.GenealogyCenter.org. Scroll to the bottom, click on
E-zine, and fill out the form. You will be notified with a
confirmation email.

If you do not want to receive this e-zine, please follow the link at
the very bottom of the issue of Genealogy Gems you just received or
send an email to kspears [at] acpl.lib.in.us with "unsubscribe e-zine" in
the subject line.

Dawne Slater-Putt, CG & Curt Witcher, co-editors
  • (no other messages in thread)